Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's For Dinner? Weeks 44 & 45: Beef and Broccoli & Creamy Potato Soup

 Sorry for the not-so-clear pictures.  I took them with my phone, and I'm not sure why they came out so grainy.  Anyway...

Beef & Broccoli:

 The broccoli got soggy and brown, even though I only cooked it for the amount of time suggested.  Regardless, the flavor was pretty good, and it was an easy crock pot meal.  I used beef broth instead of consomme (because that is what I had) and I didn't have sesame oil, so I just used a little bit of vegetable oil.  Next time, I will probably steam the broccoli separately and just toss it in the sauce right before serving. Recipe is here.


Creamy Potato Soup:

This turned out a lot better than I expected.  It was really tasty and easy...another crock pot meal!  I left out the onion (because I didn't have one) and I didn't put the bacon IN the soup to cook, but just used it to sprinkle on top when serving (we don't like soggy/soupy bacon).  Oh, and while the recipe didn't say to peel the potatoes, I did in fact peel them before dicing.  Here is the recipe.   I also made this honey beer bread to go along with it, which is sooooooo good. 



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails