Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sparks Verses


Caleb is in his first year of Sparks at AWANA.  Sparks is for Kindergartners, 1st graders and 2nd graders.  And, it is a lot different than Cubbies!  One of the big differences is that they can recite as many memorized verses each week as they can, as opposed to just 1 verse per week in Cubbies.  There is no required amount of recitation each week, though we were encouraged to do at least 1 verse per week, to keep on track.  

I went in to the year a little overwhelmed, I have to say.  Between his school work, Sparks work, work for Sunday church, and just life, I didn't know how it would all fit in! 

Thankfully, though, we've managed to establish a pretty decent routine, and I have been pleasantly surprised with Caleb's motivation in many areas - his Sparks memory verses being one of those areas!  

Granted, a lot of his motivation comes from getting his "jewels"...but whatever works.  The kid has memorized so many verses this year so far, I am amazed!

For this week, Caleb was determined to memorize 6 verses.  To be honest, I didn't think he could do it (shame on Mom!)...it just seemed like a lot.  But he was determined, so we have been practicing a lot.  At the beginning of the year, I had purchased a CD with all of the verses in his book set to music...and that helps a ton.  We listen to it a lot in the car, and he often sings a verse to remember how it goes.  I'm so glad my friend Jill told me about this CD, as I know that having them to music will help them "stick" for longer!

Anyway, here is a quick video of the 6 verses that Caleb has memorized in 1 short week.  It's so great to see him set his mind to something, and then accomplish it!


Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.
Genesis 1:31 - And God saw everything that he had made, and indeed it was very good.
Romans 3:23 - All have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God.
John 17:17 - Sanctify them by your truth; your Word is truth.
1 Peter 1:25 - But the Word of the Lord endures forever.
John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father except through me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails