Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What's For Dinner? Weeks 40, 41 and 42: Grilled Mozzarella Sandwiches, Mushrooms & Cream Chicken, Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup


Grilled Mozzarella Sandwiches

I made these on Saturday night, somewhat last minute.  They were a simple yet "upgraded" version of a traditional grilled cheese sandwich, and the marinara dip was a perfect extra!


Go here for the recipe for the sandwiches.

Mushrooms and Cream Chicken

This was sooooo good (if you like mushrooms).  I don't have a dutch oven, so I had to do a lot of transferring from pan to baking dish, but it worked out fine.  Also, I used white cooking wine as opposed to what she suggested (mostly because I am alcohol-illiterate and I didn't even know what alcohol she was talking about!)


For the mushrooms and cream chicken recipe, click here.

Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup

This was really good!  And, it is a crock pot recipe (bonus) that requires little prep, though there is some very minimal work needed at the end.  I actually pureed the soup, although the directions didn't say to do that.  I am not a big fan of chunky tomatoes, so after the soup cooked for 6-ish hours in the crock pot, I stuck it all in the blender, pureed, and then put it back in the crock pot to continue cooking.


The soup recipe can be found here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails