Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's For Dinner? Week 30: Coconut Chicken With Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce

 Both Kris and I love coconut, so I had high hopes for this meal!  While it wasn't as "coconutty" as I would have liked, it was really good, and Kris loved it.  I think next time I will add a bit more coconut to the breading mixture. =)  The original recipe was meant as an appetizer, but it worked great as a main course.  I served it with coconut-lime rice and candied carrots.  It turned out to be a really great meal!

Go here for the chicken recipe, and see below for the rice and the carrots recipe.


Here's what I did for the rice:

My rice cooker calls for a 1:1.5 rice to water ratio.  I doubled that and substituted some of the water with coconut milk.

So, I used 2 cups of rice, 2.5 cups of water and .5 cup of coconut milk.  

After it cooked (I love how easy using the rice cooker is!), I mixed in the juice and zest from 1 lime.

And, here's what I did for the carrots:

Peel 8 carrots and cut them in half and then lengthwise.

Place carrots in a buttered casserole dish.

Cover carrots with some salt & pepper, about 2 tablespoons of butter (sliced thinly and placed on top of carrots) and a couple of table spoons of brown sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

Yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails