Thursday, August 30, 2012

25 Weeks - Rutabaga

Here's the belly at 25 weeks.  No actual rutabaga, though.  


Here's a picture of a rutabaga....Baby girl is about 1.5 pounds, and 13.5 inches. 



I had a check-up today.  Weight gain has slowed a bit compared to last month, though I'm still gaining pretty steadily.  Once again, I talked to my doctor today about it (a different doc this time) and she doesn't seemed concerned at all.  She said that based on my height, and my starting weight, she wouldn't be surprised if I gained up to ____ pounds (number purposely not disclosed!).  The number she gave me surprised me a bit, and is more than what I gained with all of my other pregnancies.  I certainly don't want to make it a goal to gain that much, but it does make me feel better that none of my doctors are concerned.  They checked me for edema (swelling) and as far as they can tell, I am not having any of that.  I did talk to her about some ways I can cut back on the calories, although she made sure to tell me that I am not to diet.

The reality though, is that I feel like a beast.  I am so looking forward to cooler weather so that I can hide my eczema-damaged skin and my extra pounds under some jeans and hoodies.  Oh, Fall....please come soon.  I was never this concerned with my other pregnancies, not sure why it's become such a big deal to me now.

The most important thing is that our baby is healthy.  She hasn't been quite as active over these past few days as she was the prior couple of weeks, which was a bit concerning, but her heartbeat today was strong and my doctor told me that as long as I am feeling her daily, I shouldn't be concerned.

The weeks really are flying by.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks from tomorrow, and I am looking forward to seeing our little one again.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails