Thursday, November 8, 2012

35 Weeks


Well, I am 35 weeks (+1 day - every day matters, ha!).  I went to the doctor this morning, and I am happy to report that my weight gain has slowed down a bit (despite all of the Halloween candy I have consumed in the past week).  Our Girl (we still haven't decided on a name) is doing well....strong heartbeat, and she's very active.  My doc and I talked a little bit about the actual delivery today, which makes 12/12/12 seem very soon.  I am now on the appointment-every-week schedule....so I go back again next Thursday already.  And, I have another ultrasound next Friday to check on the little one's kidneys.  Your prayers for her are still very much cherished.

The wonderful ladies in my small group threw me a baby shower on Sunday, and it was fun to receive some new things for her.  Tiny clothes have been washed and her car seat is ready to go.  As much as I love my sleep, I am ready for some sleepless nights again (I'm sure that will change once I am in the midst of it!).  I am nervous about what life will be like with 4 little ones...especially when it comes to homeschooling, but I'm learning to be more flexible, and to take 1 day at a time.

Caleb and Meredith love talking to her through my belly, and enjoy feeling/seeing her move. Meredith, at least 1 time per day, asks me "when is it going to be the month when Baby Sister comes?"  They seem very excited, and I really hope they are still excited when she is actually here!  

Shane knows that all of this extra stuff in our house is for "the baby", but obviously, he is a bit young to really know what's going on.  Just this morning, he was looking at a recent picture of our family and was saying "baby!"...and at first I thought he was pointing to my belly and acknowledging the baby inside.  BUT, after more prompting, I realized that he was pointing to himself, in his Daddy's arms.  He was referring to himself as the baby.  Yes, Shaner-bug, you will always be one of our babies, even if another comes along.  Please remember that when this little one arrives and demands lots of attention from Momma.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, by Elise.  So, it's not an official 35 week photo, but it's the most recent belly shot I have.  And I would like to think that my stomach hasn't gotten that much bigger in only 3 weeks!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails