Happy 1st day of Fall! To celebrate this wonderful (in my opinion) season, we made an apple pie this morning using apples we picked on Thursday at Royal Oaks.
|**kids are all still in their jammies....love mornings like this!**|
We also finished up an apple craft that we started on Thursday:
- The kids painted 2 large apples that I cut out of construction paper (Meredith chose to make a green apple and Caleb chose red).
- After they dried completely, I punched holes around the edges and the kids laced yarn through the holes to keep both sides together.
- Just before lacing up the entire apple, they stuffed some tissue paper inside their apple to make it "puffy".
- They finished lacing and we tied the yarn to close it.
- We stapled a stem and leaves, and looped a yarn through the top so we could hang them up (or wear them as necklaces, which Meredith suggested).
Happy Autumn to you!