Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's for Dinner? Week 5: Braided Baked Spaghetti Bread


This week's new recipe idea was found here.  I modified it a bit by making homemade spaghetti sauce (using the sauce recipe for Paula Deen's baked spaghetti, which is a favorite dish in our house) and adding some ground beef.  So, I guess you could say that this recipe is the Braided Spaghetti Bread recipe plus the Baked Spaghetti recipe.   

So, I've called it the Braided Baked Spaghetti Bread.....

The sauce recipe makes more than enough (since only 1 Cup of sauce is needed per braid), so I actually made 2 braids (yay for leftovers!) and even still had some sauce leftover (yay for leftovers!).  I used some of the leftover sauce to mix in with some extra noodles for the kids, since I figured they might not be too keen on trying the braided-spaghetti-in-the-bread thing.


While this was a bit time consuming (mostly because I made the homemade meat sauce), it was fun to make and it turned out pretty yummy!  Serve it with a salad and call it a meal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails