Friday, July 26, 2013

Concert in the Park

Every Thursday night, our town hosts "Concert in the Park" at one of their downtown parks.  Kris works late on Thursday nights, so I am always looking for special things to do with the kids on those nights.  All summer, I'd been meaning to take them to a concert, but something else always came up or got in the way....but last night was a perfect night to go.  The temps had finally cooled and our neighbor friends were available to go also.  It was a lot of fun, and I think we might go back next week.

Norah was as content as ever....


...she sat/laid/rolled on the blanket, played with some toys, and tried to eat grass.


The big kids had a great time.  They ran around, listened to music, ate lots of treats, and played on the park with their buddies.  

Caleb passing out some popcorn to our 2 littlest friends...



Silly Shaner...


He liked to play "drums" on this electric box...


...and he was a huge fan of all the sweets available to him.  I stopped him after 1 brownie, 1 jello cookie, 1 chocolate chip cookie, and a few Twizzlers bites.


Fun on the park...



By the end of the evening, Meredith had mastered the fireman's pole.  On the way home, we called Daddy, and Meredith told him, "I couldn't do the pole all by myself but then I could!"



It hit me this week that there is LESS THAN A MONTH until school starts!  I am hoping to fit in another 1 or 2 concerts before then, along with some other fun activities that can only happen during the warm and carefree summer days and nights.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails