Monday, August 30, 2010

1st Day of Preschool


Well, we did it! We dropped Caleb off at preschool this morning...his very 1st day!



His backpack was a bit heavy for him, with all of the school supplies inside! But, he didn't seem to mind...the poor kid could barely walk, but he didn't want anyone to help...he was determined to wear that backpack all by himself. (PS - in case you can't tell, his backpack is a St. Louis Cardinals one...Daddy is pretty proud!)



I am very excited for this school year...I really like Caleb's teacher, and I am excited that he'll be a part of a multi-age classroom. The school is just a couple of minutes from our house, so that is another plus! We did VBS there this summer, and Caleb had a great experience, so hopefully that will translate to a great school year for him!

For the past couple of weeks, we have been talking about school, what he will get to do and learn there. He loves to look at his school supplies and backpack, and loves to show them to anyone else who is willing to look at them! When I got Caleb up this morning, I said..."good morning, my big preschooler!" He jumped up, and said (with a HUGE smile on his face), "I am going to preschool today!" Needless to say, he was excited.



When we got there, he got to pick out a cubbie/coat hook. He got a tag to label his area, and got to put his folder into the big mailbox. He also had his picture taken by Pastor.






When it was time to go into the class, his teacher asked the kids to line up outside the door. Caleb did a good job waiting patiently in line until it was time to walk in. At one point, he said to me, "Come with me", and I worried that he might resist going in, but nope....he did great!




When the kids walked into the class, Mrs. H. asked them each to find their name in the "sign in chart". I heard Caleb say something along the lines of "My name is Caleb Kristopher Johnson," to which his teacher replied something about only having to look for the name "Caleb." =)



After "signing in", Caleb went straight to the easel.



After this, I left...I didn't want to be "that mom" that just hung around forever, as the teacher was trying to get the day started!

I can't believe that this day is already here! Sometimes I get a bit nervous, as he is so young (he just turned 3 last week!), and since he is a part of a multi-age class, there are 3 and 4 year olds. But, I really believe that this will be a great thing for our little boy, that he'll learn a ton, and that his first real school experience will be a positive one. At this point, he is only enrolled for 2 mornings a week, with the option of adding a 3rd morning down the road. We'll see!

I'll pick him up later this morning, and hopefully will hear that he had a great day!

Here we go....life as we know it definitely looks different from this point on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails