Tuesday, May 26, 2009

28 Weeks

We have officially hit the 28 week mark. We still have a while to go, but I have a feeling that the summer is going to fly by.

We had a doctor's appointment this morning, and everything looks good. Our little girl was not facing the right direction for a face shot, so we did not get any good images to print off, but we are just very thankful that she is continuing to grow and seems to be healthy! Her heartbeat was 149 bpm, and measurements estimated her to be 2 pounds, 6 ounces. It will be interesting to see how big she is at birth, especially compared to her big brother, who was decent sized when he was born. =)

Speaking of weight...I have gained my fair share of it, that is for sure. (I'll spare you the details on just how much I have gained.) A few months back, my doctors were concerned that I was not gaining ENOUGH weight. So, I worked hard to put on the pounds. After all of that hard work, I got the stomach flu and ended up losing most of what I had gained. Apparently, I have made up for all of that, and then some. While I have become a bit concerned, my doctor told me not to worry. She did check my ankles and such for any swelling and did not find anything. Our weight conversation ended with her telling me "just be glad you are tall." Hmmm...

Anyway, here is a belly shot we took today....28 weeks, 1 day.


And, since I don't have a cute ultrasound photo of our little one to post, I've included some pictures of a few cute gifts she has received....

These first 2 pictures are of blankets HOMEMADE for her by our good friend Becky! She is so talented, and I can't get over how much I love these blankets...and I am confident that Baby Girl will love them, also! The first is a beautiful quilt that she made....it is perfect! The photograph doesn't even do it justice. The second is a "taggie" blanket for the baby. Thank you so much, Becky! You are so generous and thoughtful! Oh, and incredibly crafty!!!




And, this is a hat my mom bought for her...SO cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails