Monday, December 21, 2015

High 5!

Our thirdborn is 5!  Seriously, how do these things happen?  He's old enough for Kindergarten and I am already freaking out a little bit about all 3 big kids being in full-day school come the Fall.  

Anyway, this Shaner-bug.  He is one of a kind, that is for sure.  He has always marched to the beat of his own drum and I love that.  

His Sunday School teachers have described him as having a "pastor's heart" and his favorite part of preschool is their morning devotional time.  He loves going to school 4 mornings a week and is already very eager to ride the bus with the big kids next year.  He is still my little snuggler, and when he comes downstairs in the mornings, I kneel down and he sits on my knee for some quick first-thing-in-the-morning snuggles.  I imagine at some point this will end, but I am holding on to it for now.  Shane loves LEGOs, just like Big Brother, and his personal creations are quite impressive.  He also still loves trucks and still does not love veggies (though he'll tell you otherwise).  He loves to wear dressy shirts (sometimes with athletic pants), and beams (and blushes) when you remark on his handsomeness. ;)  He has also recently become concerned with how his hair looks and it's so cute to see him in the bathroom "doing his hair".


 His birthday started off in the traditional Johnson way...balloons on the door (5!) and breakfast with Daddy....Shane picked McDonald's this time...



 After church, we went bowling....my phone died shortly after we got there, so this is the only pic I got...not the greatest, but it'll have to do!  (Also, don't mind the boys' hair....we got haircuts later in the day.)


 After lunch, cake and presents!



 


 He picked Steak-n-Shake for dinner.  And this is the only picture I got there...geesh, I am really slacking in the picture-taking department these days!!  I'll make up for it on Christmas...stay tuned. ;)


From the moment this sweet kid was born, I have been in love.  His silly, sweet, and sometimes sneaky personality just lights up my life.  Welcome to 5, sweet boy! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails