Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What's For Dinner? Week 17: Grilled Balsamic Flank Steak


Grilled Balsamic Flank Steak


We don't eat steak a lot, so this was a special treat!

The flavor  of the meat was really great (I marinated it for a few hours).  I have never grilled flank steak before, and I was a little nervous about making sure it was cooked enough, but not too much.  Kris likes his steak medium, and while I have spent much of my life preferring for mine to be medium rare, I have changed my ways and also prefer the meat to be closer to medium.  I managed to get it pretty close to that, and it turned out quite yummy.  I also added some sauteed mushrooms, as both Kris and I love mushrooms....and it turns out that Meredith does as well! 

Click here for the super easy recipe!  And, I found these tips to be helpful for grilling flank steak, although I did grill it for a bit longer on each side than suggested (4-5 minutes/side as opposed to 3 minutes/side), so that I could get it closer to medium rather than medium rare.  It was still very tender and flavorful, not dry at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails