Friday, August 26, 2011

4 Years Old!

Caleb is 4 years old today!  Wow, what a wonderful 4 years it has been. Our favorite firstborn is an amazing kid.  He is smart and creative and funny and kind and loving and energetic and silly.  He loves sports and trucks and books and riding his bike.  He likes to paint, pretend, and play with his sister.  His favorite colors are purple and red, and he loves to play computer games.  He likes to sing, ask questions, and make up words.  He wants to know everything about everything, and I honestly love that about him.  I rarely tire of answering his questions, trying to make the most of every opportunity we have to teach him about God, life, the world around us.

We have loved watching Caleb grow and learn and we can't imagine our lives without him.  He has taught us as much (if not more) as we have tried to teach him.  God has already used this sweet boy in many ways, and we can't wait to see what He has in store for Caleb in the years from now.  Though he is not perfect (as no person is), he is perfect for our family.  How thankful we are for him.

We had a very fun day of celebrating...here are the highlights!

Good Morning, Birthday Boy!
 

French Toast - his favorite!

Singing "Happy Birthday"...

Blowing out the #4 candle... 

Little brother getting in on the festivities..he's still a little sleepy.

For lunch, we picked up Portillo's (good choice, C!) and went to a new-to-us park to eat and play. 

 
 

After naps, we went mini-golfing...

And, we went to Red Robin for dinner. Auntie Heidi and Grandma & Grandpa joined us.

In this picture, he had just been given his ice cream sundae...

He was surprised (in a good way) when everyone started singing to him!

Enjoying his sundae...

This time of year - the end of the summer - always reminds me of those surreal last days of pregnancy.  Preparing for a baby, preparing for life to change drastically.  I can remember how those 1st real contractions felt (I was at Chipotle with Shawna and her boys).  I can remember going to the hospital not sure if I was really in labor and the nurses confirming that I was already 7 centimeters and that it wouldn't be long before I would start to push.  I can remember so many other not-so-painless details of the hours that followed, including that awful tailbone-breaking-thing, but most of all, I remember that exact moment when Caleb officially arrived into the world this side of my tummy.  And from that moment, we were forever changed.  I felt physically spent (3 hours of pushing and a large baby turned sideways and a tailbone in the way will do that to a person), but had more love in my heart than I had ever experienced before.  You mommies know what that is like.  Indescribable.

Okay, I'll stop blubbering on.
Happy 4th Birthday Caleb!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails