Friday, December 10, 2010

Full Term?

Well, according to the doctor, I am 37 weeks today. They consider that "full term" which I have never really understood, as I always considered 40 weeks as "full term". Anyway. I am sure there are scientific reasons for this label, but I don't know what they are.

I had a scheduled ultrasound today to check on the baby's size and position. According to the measurements taken today, Baby Brother (as he is affectionately called around here), is currently 7 pounds, which is just over the 50th percentile. So it looks like this little guy will be a bit more average-sized than his big brother! Although, only time will truly tell...

He is head down, in position for delivery. I suppose it is possible that he could still turn around, but hopefully he'll stay put! The tech. who did my ultrasound today also asked me if I have been having any discomfort lately, as the baby is "very low, looking for his way out" (her words). Why yes, yes I HAVE been having a lot of discomfort lately. I am glad there is a reason for that!

It is exciting to know that in a few weeks, we'll have another precious child to hold. While there are still a number of things that need to be taken care of before he arrives, we are ready to meet him!

I'll take my 37 week "belly picture" on Sunday, and will update with any new news after my Monday morning doctor's appointment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails