Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Learning


On Monday I took Shane to visit Bethlehem, where he will attend 4-year old preschool next year.  He is crazy excited about going to "real preschool" (trying not to take too much offense to that one!) and part of me is just as excited.  But a bigger part of me is a little sick over it.  I feel like my kids are just dropping like flies over here!  One by one they each keep leaving the nest.  I know, I know...I'm so dramatic.  But seriously, this is tough!  

Anyway, while I still have him home full-time with me, I've been cherishing the opportunity to not only spend time with my Bug, but to do some basic (and super informal) preschool stuff with him.  It's nothing fancy, but just enough.  One of the things we stay try to stay consistent with is our daily calendar time....and one of the things that Shane has been working so hard on this year is learning the Days of the Week song.  To the tune of The Adams Family, here's how it goes...

There's Sunday and there's Monday,
There's Tuesday and there's Wednesday,
There's Thursday and there's Friday, 
and then there's Saturday.
Days of the week (clap clap),
Days of the week (clap clap),
Days of the week, days of the week, days of the week (clap clap).

He's had very little trouble with most things we've done this year...numbers, letters, etc.; but this darn song has been tricky for him!  And today, he finally did it - all by himself - for the first time!  He was so proud!



 And another special accomplishment today....he finally figured out how to use clothespins to hang up these felt clothes on the clothesline!  In the past, he has struggled...despite having the fine motor skills to open and close the clothespin, he had difficulties actually doing that in sync with holding the article of clothing with his other hand and then coordinating it all in a way that would actually get it to stay on the line.  But today, he did it!

Love his concentration face!

 

Proud!
 This kid has such a great personality.  He gets so incredibly happy when he does something new, and I can't even describe how awesome if feels to see him in those moments.  Whether it is getting his undershirt on the right way all by himself or learning to write a new letter, he is stoked when he does it.

I am so proud of this kid, and I am so grateful that he's home with me every day so that I can witness all these fun accomplishments first hand!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails