Saturday, March 1, 2014

Legoland

I took the kids to Legoland in Schaumburg yesterday.  Caleb didn't have school, so as soon as Meredith was done with  morning preschool, we took off, made a stop at Chik-Fil-A for lunch, and then spent the next several hours at this fun place that the kids have been so excited to check out.



While we had a lot of fun on our visit, it would have been helpful to have another adult along.  For example, there are 2 rides there that we couldn't do because 1) the kids are not tall enough to ride independently and 2) Infants/lap children (Norah) weren't allowed to ride at all.  The combo of those two restrictions made riding the rides impossible, unless I were to hand Norah off to a stranger.  Which I obviously had no intention of doing.  Despite us not being able to fully experience all that Legoland has to offer, it was a fun day.  We got to see some amazing Lego creations (lots of "wow, is that really made of Legos!?").


They really enjoyed watching a 4D movie (I am not sure how a 4D is different from a 3D movie....Caleb said that it was the yellow glasses, instead of the red/blue glasses!).  They also got to see how Legos are made, run around in a big play structure, race Lego cars down ramps, and of course, build with Legos (big ones and little ones).  I didn't get a ton of pictures.  It was CRAZY crowded (me and my big stroller and 4 kids didn't easily maneuver through narrow hallways and large crowds), so my camera stayed in my purse most of the time.























Don't mind the big ol' Starburst that M has in her mouth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails