Friday, September 13, 2013

Norah - 9 Months Old

 9 Months Old!  

Pictures this time around were challenging, as little missy does not like to sit still.





At 9 months, Norah:
  • Eats pretty much anything we do, and only occasionally eats pureed baby food.  Her favorite foods are bananas (she eats an entire one every morning), berries, and cheese.  She also likes graham crackers.  She does not really like Cheerios, a favorite of her older siblings at this age.
  • Can get herself up to all 4s, into the sitting position, can pull herself up to standing, and can even crawl up stairs.  But, she has yet to crawl in the traditional manner yet; she still army crawls to get around.
  • Has 4 teeth - 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom.  I am pretty sure that 2 more bottom ones will be coming through any day.
  • "Talks" a little bit, and loves to say "dadadadada."
  • Weighs 17 pounds, 12 ounces (43rd percentile) and is 28.5 inches tall (80th percentile).
  • Has given up breastfeeding.  About 3 weeks ago, she started refusing to nurse.  I continued trying for another 2-ish weeks, but she continued to refuse.  We took her to the doctor to make sure her ears weren't infected, and talked with a lactation nurse.  We are baffled as to why she has weaned herself, and I will admit that it's very sad for me, but it is what it is.  Thankfully, she takes a bottle (she'd never taken one before all of this) and I am pumping (ugh) several times a day (and taking milk-increasing supplements to make sure I can keep up with what she needs).  As much as I am not a huge fan of pumping, I am thankful that it's an option, and I hope to keep it up until she's a year and can drink cow's milk. 
Stinker.



I gave her my lens cover to play with.  It kept her in one place, but didn't make for the greatest shots of her sweet face.
















LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails