Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's For Dinner? Weeks 7 & 8 - Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Wrap & Honey Sesame Chicken

Here are my 2 latest new dinner recipe efforts....

Week 7 - Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Wrap....recipe found here.


I originally made this with Kris in mind.  He is a big fan of the turkey-bacon-avocado combination.  The recipe calls for the bacon to go into the crock pot with the turkey, but I actually made a few extra slices of bacon separately so that we would have some crispy bacon to put in the wrap.  I think that next time, I'll just put a little bit of the bacon into the crock pot but make most of it separately.  Big fan of crispy bacon.  Oh, and we also left out the red pepper.  

The flavors turned out pretty good, and while the kids didn't eat everything all wrapped up, they each enjoyed different parts of the meal.  It works.

Week 8 - Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken...recipe found here.


This was really easy, and really tasty!  I actually didn't have enough soy sauce (we usually have multiple bottles of Silver Swan in the house, but apparently I was running low...oops).  So, the chicken ended up being a bit sweeter than it probably would have if I had enough soy sauce, but it was still really good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails