Friday, September 3, 2010

Caleb's 3rd Birthday Party




We had a "golf" party for Caleb today. He, along with some of his little friends (and their mommas) started off the party with a round on the mini-putt course near our house. While we definitely did not follow the typical mini-putt rules while we played, everyone seemed to have fun!





After golfing, we came back to our house for lunch. I am not going to lie, I had a great time with the whole golf theme. I went a tad crazy with little golf flags and tees, and had a lot of fun thinking of names for all of the food that incorporated (at least somewhat!) a golf term. Caleb seemed to love that golf was everywhere, and that is what matters, right? =)

"Up to Par" PB&J


"Golf Club" Sandwiches


"Chip in" Chips


"Bogey"Bites


"Hole in One" Fruit Salad


"Tee Time" Treats


After lunch, and after the kids played for a bit, we had cake. Again, Caleb loved his golf cake, but was a little bit concerned about where the actual hole was, and why there were no golf clubs on the cake...I'll have to remember that for next time. And, in true Caleb fashion, he was super duper excited to eat the cake, but only actually ate a few bites!


(I did make this, but I can't take credit for the idea, which I got from parenting.com...thanks to my good friend, Lisa, for sending me the link months ago!)

Waiting patiently to blow out the candles...


Watching his friends sing...


He obviously takes this part very seriously...


After cake, we opened some presents. This was a little chaotic, and I am not sure how to better streamline the present-opening process for a 3 year old. Fortunately, Caleb would "relax" in between gifts (with some reminders) so that he could say "thank you" to the gift-giver. While it was a whirlwind of a process, it was wonderful to see my little guy so excited!





Before the kids went home, they were given a golf visor and some candy.


Here's Meredith showing off her visor...


Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate our special boy's special day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails