Monday, April 27, 2009

20 Months!

Hi. It's me, Caleb. I figured that since I am now 20 months old, Mom should let me in on this blogging thing.



I don't see what the big deal about being 20 months old is. It is just 1 month older than 19 months, isn't it? Mom said that because it has a "2" at the beginning of it, it reminds her that I am much closer to 24 months...and being 2 years old. I think it is pretty great that I am getting closer to being 2. And, I know that Mom does, too....she is just a little more emotional about it than I am. That's how she is sometimes, you know?

I am up to a whole lot these days. Here are a few things about me...

I like to do puzzles and really love to figure out how to fit shapes together, and how they fit into things. Mom and Dad are always telling me how proud of me they are.

I still love shooting hoops, and am getting pretty good. Mom and Dad are really impressed with my shooting form already! Most mornings, the very first thing I want to do is to go shoot baskets. Even breakfast can wait for me to get some shots in.

Oh, I am a good helper, too. I like to help Mom with the laundry and cleaning. She tells me that she hopes I am always willing to help like that. We'll see.

Lately, I prefer to climb UP the stairs on my knees (crawling), but walk down the stairs like Mom and Dad, holding on to the railing. This scares them a bit, but I do pretty well.

I am learning some shapes and colors, letters and numbers. My favorite number is 2 (which I call "dos"...as in the Spanish word for "two"), and my favorite color is blue ("boo"). I really like the letters "S", "X", and "O". At the playground, there is a tic-tac-toe board, and I like to show off and tell Mom and Dad which letters are which.

My favorite word to say right now is "ouse" (how I say the word "outside") and "ball". Mommy especially likes when I say "okee-dokee". I admit, it is pretty cute when I say that.

I still love bananas, and eat one every morning with breakfast. I also love cheese (in any form...plain, with macaroni, grilled, etc.). I love veggies and fruit, but not so much chocolate chip cookies.

One of my favorite times of the day is right before bed. Every night, before I go to sleep, Daddy reads to me from my Bible. I love to sit with Daddy and read. And, I know that he loves that, too.

I am not sure what to think about this "baby sister" they keep telling me about. They tell me that she is sleeping in Mommy's tummy, but that is a bit confusing to me. However, I do like to poke Mom's belly button, and sometimes, if you catch me in the right mood, I will kiss Mommy's tummy, so that my Baby sister gets some love from her big brother. Mom and Dad are going to be moving me into my big boy bedroom sometime over the next couple of months...we'll see how that goes.

Mom is telling me it is time to go...she said to tell you that they could all go on and on and on about how much they love me, and how proud they are of me, but at some point we have to end this post.

Thanks for reading!

XOXO,
Caleb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails