Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Dad

 My dad is amazing.  He is committed, dedicated, loving, fun, smart, wise, forgiving, hard-working.  To name just a few of the many.  I am so thankful for him.  I feel very blessed to have been raised by him, and blessed that my kids have him for a Grandpa.

This past Friday was his __th birthday (let's just say that it's a milestone year!). =)  We did some minor celebrating that day, with cake and presents, though we saved most of our energy and resources for the SURPRISE party we threw for him on Saturday.  While we wanted him to feel celebrated on his actual birthday, our primary goal was to throw him off from any idea he might have that there would be a party on the following day...


Yesterday, was the day of the big party.  My mom did a great job putting it all together.  While it is always a bit tricky to plan a surprise party for the person you live with, she managed to pull it off!

He was successfully surprised!


The kiddos loved the party hats, noisemakers, and balloons!
 
Guests...
 


Cake!


While the party itself was a huge surprise to my dad, an even greater surprise was the gift that my mom got him...seriously, this was fun!  Really fun.  Really really really fun.


I love this picture.  It took many minutes and many people to figure out how to turn the hazards off!

Caleb wanted to go for a "ride".

The originals.

Happy Birthday, Dad!  We love you very very much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails