Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On a Whim

After I dropped Caleb off at VBS this morning, I decided that when I picked him up, we would head to the zoo. This meant that I was ready to go against my usual grain by ignoring meal and nap schedules (except for Shane's eating schedule....I can't mess with that too much) and that I was prepared to just head east and hopefully have a good afternoon. And, while Shane was a tad fussy at times (due to tiredness), we all had a really fun time.

It was very hot and very crowded and very hot (did I say that twice?), but those conditions were nothing that some wild animals, the dolphin show, and ice cream could not make up for.

We didn't have plans to go to Brookfield today, but I am really glad we did. I just love experiencing fun things with my sweet kids, sweaty and tired and all.

While we did see animals other than dolphins, they were definitely the highlight of our visit today.

Measuring up...


Watching them swim from underneath...


Sticking together...


They both loved the dolphin show. Caleb was enthralled with all the tricks the dolphins did, namely anything that involved a jump or a ball; Meredith especially loved dancing and clapping to the music.






Silly kiddos...


Poor guy, finally fell asleep...


Treat time...



We found a spray fountain that the kiddos could run through. They got soaked!





Exhausted, and ready to head home...


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails