Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trying New Things

This afternoon, I hosted a baby shower for our great friend Becky, whose little boy is due to arrive in June!

I had fun planning the party, and decided to try a few new things for the occasion.

I have been a guest at many showers to which other guests have brought "diaper cakes"...and I always think they are so cute. So, I decided to make one myself. I "decorated" it with prayer cards....each one has on it a prayer idea so that Mommy and Daddy will be reminded of some specific ways to pray for Baby Boy!




I also attempted to make "cake pops".....a recipe from bakerella. Oh my goodness, my pops are not nearly as cute as any of hers, but they sure did taste yummy!


I think I went a little too sprinkle happy...


I also learned how to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting (a little complicated) and how to toast coconut (not at all complicated).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails