Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine's Project



I love Valentine's Day. I know, I know...it's such a Hallmark Holiday.....but, I can't help it. I like love. In fact, I love love. =) And, as cheesy as this "hallmarky" holiday can be, you have to admit....it is a great opportunity/reminder to think about love!

Today we made a "decoration" that will hang in our kitchen and will remind us of love. God's love for us. How we are called to love God. And how we are called to love each other.

We made our own finger paint....equal parts flour and water, with food coloring!



Glitter and Glue...




He has gotten the hang of how to use scissors. He knows to put his thumb in the little hole, and his fingers in the big hole and then open and close his hand. He did a perfect job of cutting the yarn.


The finished product. Hopefully these verses about love become familiar to Caleb as we refer to them throughout this month!


God's love for us...
John 3:16, Psalm 37:28

Our love for God...
Matthew 22:37a, 1 John 4:19

Our love for others...
Matthew 22:37b, Proverbs 17:17

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails