Friday, June 20, 2014

Florida 2014: Part 3 - Nana & Papa's House

 After our week at the beach, we headed to Nana and Papa's house for another few days.  The kids were super excited to see Nana and Papa and stay at their house.  We had a special and relaxing time there...thanks for the wonderful meals and wonderful company!

 A definite highlight was playing with the exact same Legos that Daddy played with 30 (or so) years ago.  Kris was even able to google directions for the firehouse set that many of these pieces were part of, and he and Caleb put a lot of it together.  I wish I had taken a picture of the relatively finished product.  Caleb played with these things all weekend.


Candy Land...our first time playing, believe it or not!

 

We celebrated Father's Day on Sunday....and I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of Kris and his Dad.  Ugh.  Anyway, here are some pictures of Daddy opening gifts from the kids...





They were all cracking up at the fun and silly cards/questionnaires they had filled out for Dad...



One of the gifts we gave to him was a frame with the following question/pictures in it.

What do you love most about Daddy?
(I asked them the question and then wrote down exactly what they said.)

Norah didn't say much, so I took it upon myself to write "snuggles"...however, any time you hand her a chalkboard, she immediately rubs the lettering off.  Oh well.
Shane's verbatim answer..."play trains with me, does that make sense?"...I love how he was curious about his sentence structure. ;)
"cause he plays puzzles with me."
"he plays catch with me."
After church that day, we went to the mall to beat the heat a bit and Nana and Papa treated the kids to a train ride.




And another fun treat for our last day there...Gatorland!  (Warning: lots of gator and bird photos ahead.)




























































































Thanks for a special few days Nana and Papa.  Hope to see you again soon!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails