Saturday, August 23, 2008

Looking Back...

As Caleb's 1st Birthday draws near, it has been especially fun to look back at old photos, and to remember how special these first months have been for all of us. I could have included hundreds and hundreds of pictures....seriously. However, I have selected just a few favorites to highlight his growth and change over this first precious year. Enjoy. **And, stay tuned for his 12 month photos...coming SOON!

Thinking back to those initial moments following Caleb's amazing entrance into this world is heartwarming and reminds me of the many reasons why we love him. There are few memories that I will cherish as much as those "first firsts".....

His first cry...one of the most amazing sounds I have ever heard! As the doctor was "mending" me, I remember asking "is he okay, is he okay?" Someone, I am not sure who, said "he is perfect." Thank you God for a healthy baby.

His first weigh in...9 pounds, 5 ounces...REALLY? That makes me feel a little better about the 40 pounds I gained. Only a little. =)

His first time eating....thank you, Lord, for designing such an intimate way to provide for our children.

His first time looking into my eyes..."Hi sweet boy...I am your Mom. Do you know how much I love you, little Caleb?"

His first diaper change...thanks, Brandy, for helping the new dad out! (I don't think I, personally, changed a single diaper until we were at home.)

The first time (of many more to come) someone commented about how much Caleb looks like Kris...a sweet reminder of the truth that "he is ours"....

Nothing can taint these sweet memories....not hours of pushing or an epidural that I am convinced did NOT work or even a broken (and still sore) tailbone. =) We are so blessed. In His wonderful gift to us, God has shown us such grace and love. Why we "deserve" such a blessing is beyond me, but what a reminder of how amazing and loving our God is.

***************************************
Psalm 139:13-18
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. [1]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.

Lord, thank you for creating our precious Caleb, and for entrusting him to us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails