Saturday, August 31, 2013

Today

We took the kids tonight to a local forest preserve in an attempt to get some updated pictures.  The weather was not what I had hoped for, but at least the rain had stopped.  


I took almost 500 pictures, most of those being of the 4 of them together.  I was bound and determined to get one, just ONE, picture of them all somewhat looking & smiling...at the same time.  Is that really too much to ask for?!?!


The kids had a lot of fun exploring....there were lots of paths that the kids called "mazes", and there were barns and rocks and flowers and a crazy amount of dragonflies.  


We even saw a deer, but unfortunately at that point I didn't have my zoom lens attached to my camera (doh!) so I couldn't get a great picture.  If you look closely, you can see him right in the middle of the path.


Here is a sampling of the shots we got....some of them are definitely a bit blurry/grainy, and my amateur-ness is revealed in many areas, and I spent most of the time using a lends that I am not as comfortable with, but overall I am pleased that we were able to capture some fun & sweet moments.  And by golly, we managed to get a couple of them all looking & smiling.

Shane kept showing his muscles.  Apparently showing off one's muscles goes along with saying "cheeeese."



I'm pretty sure there is a picture of Kris around this age with this same face.  Must. Find. It.


I guess I can understand why people think they are twins.








This might have been the big kids' favorite moment...I told them to stand back there and just be silly.

Ugh, I really wish that I could have gotten one of them smiling in this spot.  I love the background.  But, this was just before we left, and they were pretty much DONE.






His Superhero pose
 








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails