Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meredith's 1st Birthday Party!


It's Fun to Be One!


Although our sweet girl has had a rough few days, with multiple teeth coming in, Meredith managed to have some fun today. She loved splashing around at the splash pad, enjoyed eating her cupcake, and managed to play with a bit of tissue paper before becoming disinterested in the present-opening process.

If you know me at all, you know that I love me a good "theme". Months ago, when I first started thinking about Meredith's big birthday bash, I knew that I wanted to do something fun and colorful...two characteristics that for sure describe our little girl. And, what is more fun and colorful than polka-dots?! =)


We had a picnic at a local park, and had access to a splash pad. It was a beautiful day, perfect for some outdoor fun. Although, all the bees in Chicagoland apparently agreed and thought that they were invited to our party as well, which was a total nuisance, but thankfully nobody (that I know of!) got stung.

It was very special to us to have so many friends and family come to celebrate our daughter. God has truly been faithful to us in the friendships that he has blessed us with. To have such a great system of support and encouragement to us as parents, and a group of people to love on our kids is no less than a true blessing from the Lord. We are very thankful.



It is very surreal to realize that my Baby Girl is ONE. It honestly does not seem that it was that long ago when we discovered I was pregnant, found out she was a girl, held her for the first time in that hospital room. What an amazing gift Meredith Grace is to us. We couldn't ask for a sweeter, more beautiful daughter.

Meredith, 12 days old (photos taken by Elise)



If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
- Vincent VanGough

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails