Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The "Perfect" Photo


The other night, after we decorated the tree, I was determined to get The Perfect Photo of the kids for our Christmas card.

In the back of my head, I just knew that the process of getting The Perfect Photo was not going to go as nicely as I would hope!

Caleb is not a huge fan of sitting and smiling for photos these days, and while Meredith is such a happy little baby, I wasn't totally confident that we could get her smiles in sync with Big Brother's smiles! Oh, and Caleb has had a bit of a cold, which doesn't always make for the greatest pictures!

But, against better judgment, I decided to go ahead and dress them up, put them in front of the tree, and try my best to snap The Perfect Photo...

Kris' job was to make sure Meredith didn't fall off the chair, and to entertain her so she'd keep smiling. My job was to coerce Caleb into staying in the chair and to pull out all my monkey tricks to get him smiling....oh, and to operate the camera!

Some stats:

  • Our session lasted about 10 minutes.
  • Meredith spit up at least 5 times.
  • Caleb had to have his nose wiped about 3 times.
  • Caleb surprised me by sitting still for most of the shoot.
  • Meredith smiled a lot, but never when Caleb smiled.
  • And, the sucker we used for bribery didn't help.
Needless to say, none of the photos will make the cut for The Perfect Photo for the cards this year! But, this is real life...I wouldn't have it any other way!

And besides, life would be BORING if we were all perfect!





And...Kris' favorite.....he thinks we should use this one for the card! =)



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails